simple is beautiful
Wailea Daily Photo: Hiking Maui's Bamboo Forests
2 ... 2 ...

Tuesday 8 January 2008

Hiking Maui's Bamboo Forests

When I first moved to Maui many long years ago, a friend took me on my first bamboo forest hike, and I was totally enchanted. Hiking in a bamboo forest is an amazing experience, and one that is easily available in many parts of East Maui. There are no snakes on Maui, so there's nothing to fear.

One of the most famous bamboo forest hikes is just above the Seven Sacred Pools area. This hike leads to a magnificent waterfall at the very end. My advice: start early, because once it gets late in the day, the forest gets very, very dark! This photo above is vintage....taken late in the day on that very hike. You can see how dark it is with very little light filtering through the dense bamboo forest.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LABEL