simple is beautiful
Wailea Daily Photo: The Outsider Wants In
2 ... 2 ...

Monday 16 April 2007

The Outsider Wants In

Every morning the gang of Indonesian Sparrows show up at our birdfeeder eagerly partaking of the bird feed we put there for them. These photos only give you a small glimpse of the huge numbers of this gang, as I would need a different vantage point with a wide angle lens. If you can imagine... the tree limbs are packed with these sparrows.

The Outsider--the Red Cardinal--really wants to join in for breakfast, and every now and then he makes his move to the feeder. However, he is chased away by the gang of sparrows, and so he lurks, watches, and perhaps plans....

Here is a link to learn more about these sparrows with an excellent close-up of one of them.

The last time I posted about these sparrows was in October of 2006, and when I went to look for more information about them in Google (just now!), I found that Wailea Daily Photo was the second entry about these sparrows. I know it may sound weird to some of you, but it gives me hope that I am making a contribution! :-)

Recently I came across gorgeous vintage photos of young Hawaiian women taken by early photographers to these Hawaiian Isles, and a shiver ran up my spine with resulting 'chicken-skin'. Perhaps someday our seemingly insignificant photos of our homes, cities, and villages will have a similar impact upon generations to come, and they will marvel at our photos.









0 comments:

Post a Comment

LABEL